Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Thankful Heart

This year, I celebrated my second Thanksgiving. What can you say... it is a uniquely American holiday. :)

While I certainly had a blast making these Pecan Pie Bars, the highlight of our evening was visiting with family and singing Christmas carols around the piano. Combining the traditions of two separate holidays was wonderful!

  • Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness. Ps 30:4
  • To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever. Ps 30:12
  • Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks, unto thee do we give thanks: for that thy name is near thy wondrous works declare. Ps 75:1
  • IT IS A GOOD THING TO GIVE THANKS UNTO THE LORD, AND TO SING PRAISES UNTO THY NAME, O MOST HIGH: Ps 92:1
  • Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever. Ps 106:1
  • Surely the righteous shall give thanks unto thy name: the upright shall dwell in thy presence. Ps 140:13

3 comments:

Anna @ Feminine Adventures said...

Glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving! :) The pecan bars look awesome. Have you tried making them with just regular sugar?

Unknown said...

Well, I stuck to the recipe the first two times I made it...so no, I haven't tried making them with just regular sugar.

That might be a good idea, though, to lessen any future sugar shock. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving... is the American Tradition growing on you? :)
I'll have to try out that recipe!