Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Normal Weight

Ever since I was 16, I have been self-consciously aware about my low BMI and the fact that I was "Very Very Underweight". As in... whenever I went for a checkup, the doctor would take my measurements, refer to his chart and give me that glance as if to say, "Look - your weight is unrecorded here and less than what's in the 'Very Underweight' category."

The inevitable questions about whether or not I was anorexic would follow.

At the Walkers', I eagerly stepped on the scales that I spotted in the Girls' bathroom. A grand total of 112.4 lbs flashed back at us. Wiser from that moment, I decided to compute my BMI today. It's a healthy 19.9! O_O

This, my friendlies, is a solemnly significant milestone of my life. For the first time ever, I've attained the "Normal Weight" threshold I'd always thought was beyond my getting.

Congratulate me, please. :-)

*Cheers for weight gain*

~ Mrs. Arcfide

2 comments:

Khajochi said...

Cheers !!

ladyakofa said...

First time on your blog... via Chantel H. of YLCF's blog. Just to comment that I've also been below the normal BMI all my life! But not malnourished either. I take it that I'll gain some weight when I marry and have kids, so I've never been worried. :) Congrats!