Friday, October 3, 2008

The Hsu Times

This afternoon, I chatted on IM with mrscaleb. She is going into labor any day now!! O_O

I also got to talk to two girlfriends back in Singapore for more than an hour over Skype. The video had slow playback, which made for weird visual-audio co-ordination. Other than that, I was just happy to be able catch up with, and hear my sissies' voices. Poor girls, if I were awake up to 5am like they were, I wouldn't have managed to still be as pleasant! Not sure how they do it, but sure seems as if the batteries they run on never die.

In other news, Aaron came home hankering for McDonalds'. For the first time since we got here, we ventured by foot beyond our parking lot to the restaurant with the golden arches across the street. Someday, with a girlfriend, I'll walk just a little further to its neighboring Starbucks... *daydreams*

My husband also brought home his first stack of test papers for grading today. Seeing those brown envelops on his desk brought back memories of my dad doing the very same.

The two differences?

My dad *never* once had to borrow a red pen from me. And. Aaron brings papers home in a backpack. My dad used a brief case. So my husband has to be the cooler geek. Or educator. *ahem* :-P

Gosh. Isn't he starting to look professorish? I can't seem to escape men from academia...








~ Mrs. Arcfide

1 comment:

Springjoy said...

Ah, Professor Hsu at work, huh? :D

You make me grin every time I read a post by you. :)