Sunday, May 13, 2012

To every thing there is a season

Next to getting married and having our baby, graduating again this year was one the of happiest and proudest moments of my life.

I am done with classes. I truly am.

I was fortunate enough to finish among the Top 3 of my graduating class.
In 2003, when I first graduated high school, going to college - let alone graduating from college - was an untenable idea. Nine years later, I have worked full-time, put myself through late-night classes, had an amazing man ask me to marry him, moved half-way around the world, had a beautiful baby, and completed over 100 credits and two Associates degrees in 2.5 years.

My life has been one big, happy roller-coaster ride that I would not exchange for the world. I am so thankful to God, for His blessings, and to my husband, our extended family, and all our friends, for their continuous words of encouragement and support.

They were the ones who poured fuel over my fire on days when I felt like I was burning out.
I could not have done it without them.

I am thankful, too, for this little munchkin, who patiently bore with her parents all 2.5 years of her little lifetime they were in school. She was a constant reminder of the more important things in life outside of books - stuff like food, baths, laughter, dirty diapers, and play-dates.
She looks so deceptively calm and composed in this picture. ;)


 
Me walking across the stage.
Oompa and Ooma - the BEST grandparents a girl could ask for.
With My Man ♥ I *love* him so much!!!
The daughter who did not want to take pictures.
My touch of pizazz to the Pomp and Circumstance.
I will always look back on this chapter of my life without regrets, knowing I did my best for myself, for my family. Knowing I pleased my husband, and made him proud. All that sleep-deprivation was so worth it, in the end!

"So, then, to every man his chance – to every man, regardless of his birth, his shining, golden opportunity…" - Thomas Wolfe.
Thank you, Ivy Tech!

~ Mrs. Arcfide

2 comments:

Elizabeth J. said...

Congratulations!!

Springjoy said...

Aww... Congratulations! You were absolutely amazing! :) I have admired your determination and persistence and the way you have loved and taken time for your little girl so much. :)